We have mostly been in a situation whereby our travel bags start to get worn out and old and we start to think about getting a new suitcase or travel bag per se. Not until recently, most suitcases have been upgraded with different designs and models to suit the peculiar or specific needs of travelers with different travel motives. However, the recent revolution in the travel and fashion industries has given travelers a variety of choices in travel bags with higher luxury and brand models. This raises the question: why the “Away Travel Bag?” Well, in this article, we will give you reasons to justify why the Away travel bag may be worth the extra cost.
If you’ve been on most social networking platforms such as Instagram, you may have come across how the Away travel suitcase blew up the internet market place and travel space as well. This signals the question of whether everyone needs to have a premium suitcase and if it’s worth the extra cost. In this content, I will answer this question with the two Away suitcases I know in order to aid your decision-making as a traveler, based on your travel motives. Travel can be very expensive, so we are constantly looking for ways to make your travel easier, less expensive, interesting, and more memorable.
The Away suitcase
Away was started in 2015 by Stephanie Korey and Jennifer Rubio in New York City. It started with a direct marketing technique and eliminated retailers while heavily relying on social media to advertise their products, with the aid of social media influencers to display the usage of their products. aggressive marketing, isn’t it? Let’s put aside the aggressive marketing, and let’s call a spade a spade without having to exaggerate the product offering. Let us quickly jump in to reveal the features and perhaps possible user benefits of the Away travel bag or suitcase.
The Two major brands
- The Carry-On
- The Expandable, Bigger Carry-On
1. The carry-on is a base model that weighs 8 pounds and has a capacity of 38.9 m3. The bag has a height of 21.7 inches, a width of 13.7 inches, and a depth of 9 inches.
2. The expandable carry-on is a newer model that has an extra front pocket and the ability to expand in size, as the name implies. The bag weighs 9.92 pounds and has a capacity of 47 meters, which can be expanded to 52 meters. The bag is made up of 22.7 meters in height, 14.7 inches in width, and 9 inches in depth. Since it is expandable , the depth can expand by almost 5 inches. Having known this, let’s go to the features of the suitcase.
- strong outer material. The outer material is well designed to absorb shocks and bumps, and it is elastic while strong and durable. The material is nylon and water resistant. It is designed in an anti-scratch manner, unlike pother bags and suitcases.
- Retractable handles on two sides of the suitcase. One at the top and the other at the side of the bag. On the expandable carry-on suitcase, you will find both handles on the sides of the bag. However, the handles have a retraction feature that minimizes their chances of clinging to other objects. This is useful when moving through tight spaces or when you’re forced to check in your bag.
- It’s smooth and easy to grip. The main handle that you can use to drag the bag has a nice texture feel and grip. very smooth and doesn’t retract back like in other suitcases, especially when they’re fully packed. That pressure may affect the handle and disrupt the ease of your movements.
- Quality Zippers The Away brand uses YKK quality zippers. Unique and different from other bags. The zips are water repellent and very tight, which makes them less vulnerable to theft and intrusion.
- Robust wheels The wheels are probably the most vulnerable part of most bags and often the place that breaks most in bags. This is mostly true for four-wheel suitcases. in my travel experiences. The Away suitcase has a complex wheel system that rotates and spins. The Away uses a wheel designed by a Japanese company called “HINOMOTO”. Most people haven’t heard about the “Hinomoto,” but frequent fliers and long-distance travelers will tell you more and are mostly aware.
- well designed compartments. The suitcase compartments are well designed. One part is designed to carry things like shoes and toiletries, while the other side is designed for clothes, with a compression strap and pads. The pads also have a storage provision for other smaller items. It also has a front pocket for storing other devices and electronic gadgets such as computers, laptops, etc.
- water-resistant laundry bag. This is located at the bottom of the bag, which is detachable and can hold wet clothes. If you have your swimming trunks or swimming suits, You can simply slot them in without having to worry about getting your main clothes and other belongings wet.
- Integrated locks These locks are connected with the bag zipper. and an excellent anti-theft system.
- bag repacked. The Away bag has a bag repack function. With a battery for recharge at the top of the bag located close to the retractable handle, The battery pack has a capacity of 10,000 AHM and includes two USB ports. The battery itself is charged with the included micro USB cable and charging kit that is user-friendly in most countries. The battery is also covered by a two-year warranty in case it fails or doesn’t charge. The battery pack is easily electable in the event of airline regulations.
- Warranty Service This is one of the selling points of this bag. It has a limited lifetime warranty. This applies to the defects of cracks or shell breakage, wheels, handles that break off, zippers that can no longer be opened or closed, and fabric tears that may render the front pocket non-functional.
- 100-day trial period. This is awesome. Away gives you a 100-day trial period in which you can return the bag if you do not find it user-friendly (I bet you would not).
Is the Away suitcase worth your money? In my personal opinion, it is. Especially if you’re a frequent and long-term traveler. You need a suitcase that is more durable and powerfully designed. The prestige and class are awesome. The suitcases start within a range of $225, making them less expensive with much utility and value. I therefore recommend the Away bag to frequent travelers who desire travel comfort. Finally, you want to know how to get the best and cheapest tickets for your flight, hotels and car rentals? Kindly visit https://wayaway.tp.st/eMCD226C
Till next time, travel safe and travel smart.